An update on the slow going basement project for One Room Challenge. Having furniture (who knew?!) has made a huge difference and now we use this space all the time. I finally started painting because I want it to be brighter down here but still cozy.
I am using mystery paint from Restore. Usually I’m picky about my colours but in this case these shades of what seem to be warm and light grey/beige should work. I’m not done yet but it is already feeling brighter in these back corners.
The colour is a smoother transition to the downstairs bathroom.
This wall will be a slightly darker greige and I’ve mapped out the picture frame moulding here that I will install eventually. I decided to do moulding that would be manageable with my limited tools – hello handsaw, plastic mitre box and tiny hammer. Below is our last home where I installed this Metrie moulding behind our banquette.
This mirror, one of the few decor pieces I brought in the move, will go above the couch to maximize the light coming in from the window.
There will be lots of pillows on the large sectional so I will be using my own pillows and will add some other basics to go with them…I’m not sure what yet.
Since July my sewing focus has turned to masks but this will be a chance to add some basic pillows made with linen.
To see what everyone else is working on here is the link below: